Friday, February 26, 2010

You would think I would know better!

I soaked my 18" x 24" watercolor paper and stapled it to foam core (Double layer), thinking that the double layer would hold it. Wrong. The double layer wasn't strong enough to keep the watercolor paper from bending and creasing the foam core as it dried. The problem is that I don't have a piece of Gator Board that large. Gator Board is like Foam Core but very strong. It will hold staples quite well and can be used many times. I was thinking of just taping the paper to a piece of bathroom wall masonite, which makes a nice, cheap board for painting on. No, mabe not. Taping watercolor paper to a board is a pain and it usually lifts. I will just go and buy some Gator Board and be done with it Must be getting late, I rambling.

No comments: